With these solutions above, you will be able to reinstall Android OS on your Android device to get your device updated with the latest version. And, DroidKit should be the top tool to reinstall Android OS on a phone using PC (Windows & macOS). So, you can download it and reinstall Android OS on Samsung mobile or tablet now. DroidKit is a PC software that allows you to reinstall and update Android OS on your phone using PC. Through the process of auto-matching firmware and downloading the firmware package, you can install a fresh Android OS on mobile. And you can finish this reinstallation on your Windows PC or Mac computer. Always prepare to flash and reinstall Android OS by creating a backup of all your Android data in advance to avoid data loss.
The place to get help for questions you have related to your Android device and the Android ecosystem. Confirm the selection, and you’ll return to the Actions screen. All the actions are shown in their own individual cards — swipe them away to remove them. SP Flash Tool is a specialized application that makes flashing stock firmware, custom recovery, and rooting any MediaTek-based smartphone much easier.
All you got to do is just wait for a while as the system will take the backup of your device. Remember to name your backups with important information like date and partitions included. A full backup is anything that will restore your system state to when
- It also introduced Topaz, which is based on Android 13 and is available for a host of Android devices.
- TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project, and it is an open-source custom recovery software for Android devices.
- You get 2GB of free storage with a Dropbox Basic account but can upgrade to Dropbox Plus if you need more space.
- Since Google is the official maintainer of Android, it makes sense to use a first-party option that works universally across most devices.
- Built on top of Google’s AOSP code and adding stock firmware their own custom code to it, LineageOS works as a standalone ROM as well as the source code for many other custom ROMs out there.
- Simply making the file name shorter for use in the Command Prompt is the only reason for the rename.
If TWRP is not an option for you (locked bootloader, unsupported device etc), you may want to check out Helium. Helium is a no-root adb-based solution similar in principle to TWRP. It transfers (bi-directional) apps and also the critically important app data. There are two installs, the app on your android and the companion program on your PC.
- Therefore, it seems challenging for non-rooted users to backup their data.
- For example, you can use Odin (Windows) to flash CWM to Samsung devices after going to download mode, all without touching the Android.
- Now go to the sp flash tool extract folder and launch it.
- Transfer the firmware file to your computer’s platform-tools folder.
- Once your device is rooted, some apps like Titanium Backup can be downloaded.
If you own a Mac computer and an Android phone, your options for creating backups or transferring files are more limited. Google has a handy tool to help you link these two devices seamlessly.